Experience what UNSW has to offer while undertaking research.
The Study Abroad Research Practicum program is designed for students from both partner and non-partner institutions to undertake short-term research visits at UNSW. Tuition fees are payable directly to UNSW.
Undertake research at one of Australia’s leading research universities.
You will have access to an appropriate supervisor, services, libraries, campus amenities and liability insurance for UNSW premises for a duration between 3 – 24 months (subject to faculty availability and approval).
- UNSW is currently accepting applications for incoming face-to-face research practicum program with commencement dates on or after 15th August 2022
- We are currently accepting applications for Virtual Practicum, for all start dates
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) and provide evidence of English proficiency as per the UNSW’s English language requirements
- Have made contact with a UNSW academic staff member who is willing to supervise you at UNSW.
You need to find a UNSW academic staff member who will agree to supervise you before you can submit an application. You can search the Faculty websites or the UNSW Graduate Research School website.
Research students are advised to apply at least six months in advance of their proposed start date. The Steps to apply are:
- Contact UNSW academics to find a suitable supervisor and negotiate start and finish dates for your practicum
- The UNSW academic must email [email protected] with your full name, email address, dates, host school and home university
- You will then be given access to an online application portal
- Fill out the application form and submit it via this portal
- If the application is approved, UNSW Study Abroad and Exchange will send the letter of acceptance to you and your supervisor
- You will need to organise health insurance (OSHC) if coming on a student visa and upload a copy of your policy to the application
- The Study Abroad and Exchange Office will then send you a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- You can then apply for your visa for Australia