If you are applying to UNSW, you will need to meet our English language requirements. There are many ways that you can meet our English language requirements. Check below to see which one applies to you.
COVID-19 Alternative Arrangements
In response to COVID-19, which led to widespread disruption of English language testing, UNSW will:
- Accept English Language Test scores and prior studies in English (including High School) completed no more than three years before your intended start date. This will be accepted for intakes up until Term 1 2021.
- Accept the following English language tests:
- IELTS Indicator – Refer to “IELTS Academic in the English Language Test Scores” option below for minimum requirements.
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition – Refer to “TOEFL iBT in the English Language Test Scores” option below for minimum requirements.
- Duolingo English Test* – Refer to “Duolingo English Test Scores” option below for minimum requirements.
*Duolingo English Test will be accepted for applicants located in China and Iran only provided the test is completed by 31 January 2021