UNSW at a glance
- There are more than 53,000 students currently studying at UNSW including over 13,000 international students, from 120 countries.
- UNSW offers 900 academic programs across 9 faculties, including Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, Bachelor degrees, Master degrees and Doctoral degrees.
- UNSW is a founding member of the Group of Eight (Go8). This is a coalition of Australia’s leading universities that conduct intensive research and offer comprehensive general and professional academic programs.
- There are over 245,000 UNSW alumni around the world.
- UNSW is situated in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. It is within easy reach of the city’s commercial and cultural centre (less than 10 kilometres) and even closer to Sydney’s most popular beaches.
Benefits of studying at UNSW
Studying at UNSW offers you:
- an excellent education in your chosen field
- a degree that is recognised and valued worldwide
- better prospects for a successful and fulfilling career
- valuable skills in thinking, analysis, research and writing – essential for every professional line of work
- tuition from leading experts at the forefront of teaching and research in their fields
- improved English language skills
- the opportunity to meet and make friends with other students from over 120 countries
- access to world-class facilities such as libraries, science labs,...
- the opportunity to get a taste of Australian culture, and enjoy great weather and beautiful beaches!
That's not all. When you graduate, you will join an international network of alumni – many of whom are acknowledged experts in their fields – that will serve you well throughout your life, personally and professionally.
An Australian university with a global vision
UNSW is strongly committed to international education and research and is part of a global network of universities.
- One in five of our students comes from overseas.
- We are an active member of Universitas 21, an international alliance of 23 leading universities in 15 countries. This gives us access to a framework for international collaboration and exchange of expertise and experience.
- We have over 300 partner universities around the world supporting student and practicum exchange.