Placement and assessment
For more information on Media/Public Relations/Advertising Internship placement and assessment, please visit: https://sam.arts.unsw.edu.au/students/resources/media-film-students/internships/.
Internship students are placed in a workplace for two full days each week, and also have additional academic contact hours with their supervisors. You will be assessed on workplace performance, a journal, a final research project, and an exit report. The internship will be shown on the official UNSW transcript on completion of your studies.
How to apply
Please email your academic transcript and résumé to Study Abroad with the subject line: “Expression of interest for MDIA3007 Internship”
Once you have received your offer to Study Abroad at UNSW, download and complete the application form on the left. Email firstname.lastname@example.org your completed application to UNSW Study Abroad along with:
• A certified copy of your academic transcript
• Your current resume, including information about relevant work or volunteer experience
• Three references – two academic and one professional
• 500-word statement outlining:
- the specific area that you would like to be placed in;
- the skills you are seeking to develop from the internship;
- what you expect to learn, and how this experience will benefit you.
Remember to include details of any particular expertise, interest or experience you have which will help to evaluate your application and determine suitable placements.
2015 Application deadlines
For Semester 1, 2015, submit your application by 4 January 2014.
For Semester 2, 2015, submit your application by 31 May 2015.
If you would like to submit an internship application after this date, contact UNSW Study Abroad to check whether it is still possible to apply. Please note that your enrolment in an internship cannot be guaranteed before arrival, as you will need to meet with your supervisor in person before your placement can be confirmed.