Experience what the world has to offer while undertaking research.
The Study Abroad Research Practicum program is designed for students from both partner and non-partner institutions to undertake short term research visits at UNSW. Tuition fees are payable directly to UNSW.
Undertake research at one of Australia’s leading research universities.
You will have access to an appropriate supervisor, services, libraries, campus amenities and liability insurance for UNSW premises.
You must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) and you must meet UNSW’s English language requirements. Before you apply, you need to contact a supervisor at UNSW and agree to the terms of your research (see How to apply).
You need to find a UNSW academic staff member who will agree to supervise you before you can submit an application. You can search the Faculty websites or the UNSW Graduate Research School website.
Here is an overview of the process.
- Contact UNSW academics to find a suitable supervisor and negotiate start and finish dates for your practicum
- The academic must email [email protected] with the full name, email address and host school and home university of the applying student. You will then be offered access to an online application portal. Fill out the application form and submit it via this portal
- If the application is approved, the Global Education Office will send the letter of acceptance to you and your supervisor
- You will need to organise health insurance if coming on a student visa and send the receipt to the Global Education Office
- The Global Education Office will confirm receipt and send a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to you
- You can then apply for your visa for Australia
Research students are advised to apply three months in advance of their desired start date