Prior learning

You may be able to receive recognition for prior studies in your UNSW degree.

There are two types of recognition you can obtain.

Articulation pathways

Articulation is an alternative entry pathway that allows you to apply to study at UNSW once you have completed an award at a recognised tertiary institution. In some cases, the number of credits you can obtain for entry is based on your academic achievement during your diploma studies. If you intend to use your diploma as a pathway to UNSW we recommend that you confirm accreditation before committing to a study program. Contact the relevant UNSW Faculty to find out if your prior study is recognised, head to

Credit transfer

You can transfer credits from studies with UNSW or another institution provided UNSW considers those courses to be equivalent to courses in your UNSW degree. The credit transfer site provides application forms and a list of institutions UNSW has already assessed.

When applying

Include certified copies of your academic transcripts. If you are applying to study at UNSW via a UNSW agent in your country, your UNSW agent can certify your copies. In some cases you may also be required to supply a course outline and syllabus.

The future you at
Australia's global

Enjoy a truly personalised
experience with information
tailored to your goals and interests.

Personalise your experience

I am from
Please select a maximum of 3 study areas to personalise your experience.
From academic
excellence to life on

Choose your areas of interest to
highlight what’s important to you
as you browse.

Personalise your experience

My areas of interest
Your personalised
International Student
Guide 2018

Everything you need to know in
your very own personalised PDF -
for easy offline viewing

Personalise your experience

My details
Include information on

Thank you

Your preferences have been saved. Continue further to personalise your website experience and get your personalised guide.

You can finish updating your preferences at any time by selecting the 'Edit Preferences' button in the right hand side bar