Practicum Exchange Program Scholarships
The Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor (International) is providing travel scholarships to selected UNSW Students wishing to undertake a research placement at a partner institution in 2013 through the UNSW Outbound Practicum Exchange Program.
There will be three rounds of applications in 2013.
|For a practicum commencing on or before:||Deadline to apply|
|30th April 2013||Deadline passed|
|29th July 2013||1st July 2013|
|31st Dec 2013||4th November 2013|
The scholarships are administered by the Global Education Office and in order to be eligible:
- Students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate full degree program at UNSW.
- Students should have the equivalent of a credit average or above.
- Participating students must be undertaking a research placement (not coursework) at a UNSW partner institution.
- The period of research exchange must be more than 3 weeks but not more than 12 months.
- Students must not have previously received funding under a UNSW Short-term Mobility Program.
- The travel scholarships are open to both local and international students.
Scholarship amounts are based on destination:
|Country of Placement||Scholarship Amount|
|UK/Europe/Middle East/ Africa/Latin America||AUD$2000|
For information on how to apply please see the Practicum Scholarship Application Form here.
UNSW Scholarship Office
The UNSW Scholarships Office administers scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework student and may advertise other travel scholarships that you can apply for. For further information please check the following website UNSW Scholarships.
Other financial assistance
Many overseas governments and organisations offer scholarships and assistance to students going on exchange. For details, please consult the relevant organisation or country consulate.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) runs several programs to support academic exchange between Germany and other countries. For details, please visit the DAAD website. Information on available scholarships may also be published on the Global Education Blog: http://blogs.unsw.edu.au/globaled/