Before you start, here are some important questions to consider:
- What are my reasons for going overseas?
- What are my academic and career goals?
- How will I finance my time overseas?
- When is the best time in my course to go?
- What are my outside interests, and where can I pursue these?
- What kind of university experience would I like – city, college or university town?
- What sort of accommodation do I want to live in?
- What are my language skills, and where can I go that is appropriate to these?
Am I eligible to apply?
Most students with a good academic record are eligible to apply. This includes local, international, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- can apply for Student Exchange, Practicum Exchange and other Global Education opportunities after they have completed one full time semester of their current degree at UNSW.
- coursework students can apply for Student Exchange if their degree is at least three full time sessions in duration. Students should apply in their first session
- research students can apply for Practicum Exchange with approval from their Supervisor and Head of School
- may apply for other Global Education opportunities
Fee paying International Students
- may go on a global education program to any country except their home country.
- Sponsored international students (AUSAID, OPRS etc.) are not eligible to go on exchange.
- Local students who were not born in Australia should have resided outside their country of birth /origin for at least 5 years before they apply to their country of birth/origin.
- Application for Global Education is a competitive process, and students should have at least a credit average to be considered for most partner universities.