3 UNSW Students

Study Abroad and Exchange Housing

On-campus housing is available for Study Abroad and Exchange students, provided housing applications are submitted before the closing date. Application information is emailed to students who accept their offer.

UNSW Student Accommodation on-campus housing

UNSW Student Accommodation organises on-campus housing under the following options:


Newly renovated Kensington Colleges which offers the traditional residential college experience with social, cultural and sorting activities included in fees for all residents and rooms have private or shared bathrooms; or Figtree House which contains single rooms with private bathrooms and alcohol free with male and female only floors.


Apartment-style accommodation in the University Terraces, the options include single rooms in two–bedroom apartments, and shared rooms in large studios; or Colombo House, which has single rooms with private bathrooms and shared kitchen facilities.

Pricing information can be found in the download section and further information can be found at www.rc.unsw.edu.au

Other on-campus housing options

Study Abroad and Exchange students can apply for the following fully-catered on-campus housing options: International House, New College and Shalom College. Students interested in these options will need to contact the Colleges directly and complete a separate application form and procedure. Shalom College is offering a $1500 scholarship for students who can demonstrate involvement in the Jewish community. Each college has its own application process and criteria for accepting students. If you are interested in applying for one of these options, it is advisable to submit an application as soon as possible.